Bluejay Diagnostics is a medical diagnostics company focused on developing cost-effective, rapid, near-patient products for triage and monitoring of disease progression. To help us with our mission, we are searching for a Senior Research Scientist. This person will work with a multidisciplinary team to design, develop, and optimize new immunoassays.
- Screen and evaluate performance of antibody/affinity pairs to capture components from human bodily fluids.
- Develop and validate quality control materials
- Develop and validate calibration and linearity materials
- Author robust SOPs
- Work with engineering to transfer to manufacturing.
- PhD in a chemistry-related discipline and 3-5 years R&D experience in a medical device or related industry OR Master of Science in a chemistry-related discipline and 5-7 years R&D experience in a medical device or related industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the development of ELISA immunoassays.
- Advanced technical leadership skills in an R&D setting, and demonstrated success leading small teams of scientists developing new assays and processes.
- Strong experience working in a wetlab environment.
- Operating understanding of BSL II requirements.
- Cell culture experience (preferred)
- ISO 13485, or ISO 17025 experience (preferred)
- Demonstrate strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Lead groups and work independently, without instruction.
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Innovation-oriented and constantly seeking ways to improve processes and efficiencies.
- A team mindset and excellence in open, transparent communication, and superior presentation skills.
- Ability to commute to our Acton, MA laboratory.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending account