Bluejay Diagnostics is a medical diagnostics company focused on developing cost-effective, rapid, near-patient products for triage and monitoring of disease progression. To help us with our mission, we are searching for a Staff Scientist. Under the direction of the Senior Research Scientist and in collaboration with R&D team, the applicant will focus on supporting research projects to help advance the Company’s Symphony product line.
- Perform lab testing and data handling in support of research studies in blood in a point of care setting through the technical transfer phase from R&D into Manufacturing
- Able to author SOPs, work instructions and technical data reports to support product development efforts.
- Integrating assays with hardware and software using instrument prototypes.
- Ensures data is analyzed thoroughly, and conclusions in written reports reflect the data presented, and are of the highest quality.
- Working knowledge of ELISA, ELISPOT, flow cytometry, cell assays, and statistical methods a distinct advantage
- Collaborating closely with other R&D personnel and with Manufacturing during the design transfer process.
- Assay analytical experience in an R&D or industry setting is preferred.
- Inventory and sample management including routinely preparing media, solutions, and buffers; and supporting maintenance activities of laboratory equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and take corrective actions to solve problems or technical issues that arise within the laboratory.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master of Science in a chemistry-related discipline and 3-5 years industry work experience in a medical device or related industry OR Bachelor of Science in a chemistry-related discipline and 5-7 years industry work experience in a medical device or related industry.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel, Minitab, and other data analysis applications.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to commute/relocate to our Acton, MA office.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending account