Bluejay Diagnostics is a medical diagnostics company focused on developing cost-effective, rapid, near-patient products for triage and monitoring of disease progression. To help us with our mission, we are searching for Systems Engineer. Under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer and in collaboration with Engineering team, the applicant will focus on translating the voice of customer and stakeholder needs into system and product requirements, identify potential hazards and assesses requirements to ensure product compliance to safety and regulatory standards, drive product design architecture definition, proactively identify technical risks and mitigation pathways, and aid cross-functional engineering teams in developing design and process specifications for new hardware and software products that effect many systems or for the enhancement of multiple systems. The expectation for a Systems Engineer is that they represent R&D function on project core teams, act as a leader of technical excellence, and strive for continuous improvement within the Engineering function.
- Demonstrate knowledge of advanced system-level technology
- Working knowledge of product development lifecycle
- Leads system/product-level feasibility and risks assessments
- Translates voice of customer and stakeholder needs into system and product requirements
- Facilitates cross-functional knowledge and experiences to promote the understanding and resolution of in-market and product development issues
- Responsible for coordination of system-level product development and its integration
- Serve as a key resource to examine system behavior issues and bring to resolution for existing products
- Identifies potential hazards and associated control measures
- Serves as a resource to examine system behavior issues and bring to resolution for existing products
- Identify opportunities and drives continuous improvement efforts
- Apply and assert DFSS best practices on all projects
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering. A post graduate degree is desired.
- 8-10 years related work experience required (combination of work experience and advanced degrees).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to lead multi-discipline engineering teams.
- A strong technical background and experience within Systems Engineering – Requirements Management, Hazards Analysis, System Architectural Development, Functional Modeling, Systems Integration, Statistical Test Design, Verification and Validation, Reliability Engineering, and Failure Modes Effects Analysis.
- Hands-on experience with DFSS, Critical Parameter Management tools
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- 401(k) match
- Flexible spending account
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.